Well, how’s your year been? I know for sure mine has been eventuful, and a hell of a journey! Towards the middle of 2010 I moved companies, picked up Mountain Biking again as a long lost hobbie, became an out and out Apple fan boy, and learnt that you can indeed, pack the most retarded individuals into a small confined space.
I realised there’s not a lot of time to get things done, and I’m still amazed as much I have done so much, there’s so much more I havent done and will need to crack on with in 2011. I’m glad to still be around here in good ol’ London, and I can’t wait to see what 2011 holds.
A few technological points and highlights including the new Apple ipad mini, which is great for the gym. I am amazed at how small they can pack an MP3 player into, and great sound quality. A few key app’s including Grand Theft Auto – China Town Wars, Ronnie o Sullivan Pro Snooker, Bop it, and others that have graced my Iphone & Ipad. Oh, then there’s the Ipad, which has alien-like performance and true stunning good looks – I absolutley love it.
There’s been all kinds of talk about VAT going up to 20 percent, and a double-dip recession, but I honestly dont have time for it. I just think work hard, and things will come out good, – even if toothpaste ends up costing £20 a tube.
Speaking of tubes, and now I’ve been in London over two years, there’s no end of things that wind me up, and in classic form, here’s one of those ‘you know you’ve been in London too long when’ lists
You know you’ve been in London too long when;
10) You want to stab in the face anyone carrying a backpack or wheelie case
9) You think walking ‘without purpose’ should be confined within the hours of 10-11.30am and 2-3pm. At all other times, you must walk at a high speed
8) You think People that arent aware of their surroundings, by wearing hoods, earphones or other, should be pushed onto the Northern line.
7) You think If you smell of BO at six in the morning, you should be pointed at, and laughed it, whilst being prodded by a stick
6) You think that Prams, pushchairs and children should be banned on all public transport – period. This includes three-wide and two floor buggies!
5) You think Those reading over the shoulders of others, should have razor blades pushed into their private body parts.
4) You are tempted to push women tottering down staircases in massively high heels
3) You hope and pray for tinnitus to those who play Mp3 players way too l0ud
2) You want to personally public-arrest anyone who you see fare dodge when you spend upwards of £200 a month on Oyster fee’s
1) Tourists – enough said.
Overall though, its been an ok year, productive, and I’m looking forward to gorging myself on mince pies and roast dinners. Dont forget, if your really interested to see what I’m stuffing my chubby little face on check out my cookery website, easycooking – www.mariodecristofano.com/easycooking